Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mad About Garlic, Suntec (Singapore)









This newbie from Korea(!) is supposedly famous for Italian food. Since I love garlic, it was just the place to hit up.

Tried to do some research prior, and it seems that the hit dish was their Garlic Snowing Pizza which they were offering for free(!) if your total order was more than $20 (not hard to achieve- mains were on average $18). Its a brilliant way to get people acquainted with your food- great move since I was apprehensive about shrimp and pineapple on my pizzas, but I loved this! Its definitely all that they make it out to be.

The garlic tower was a bit of a letdown (they crush the top down into the tower, then lay it on its side). Fluffy but had a cake-like texture. I like my garlic bread to taste like bread. Pastas were massive! They are definitely going for hearty portions here. With all the extra food we ordered, I could only manage half of my risotto.

Verdict? Food coma after (as with all Italian food), but I will definitely come back to try the rest of the menu. Also spotted a chef in the kitchen with a Korean flag on his arm- good to know they are serious about replicating the quality of its food.

No comments:

Post a Comment