Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Jojoen, Ebisu (Tokyo,Japan)







There are many locations where you'd find Jojoen, but this one at Ebisu boasts some pretty outstanding views. Our seats were side by side, looking out into pretty night time Tokyo.

As with all things Japanese, the emphasis is on quality, not quantity. The cuts of beef and pork here were all marbled- so you know the type of meats served up. I decided I wanted to try the raw beef with raw egg. Was a bit apprehensive wrapping it up in a leaf with nothing more than a few sprigs of leek thingies, but it was delicious. Reminded me of filet américain in Amsterdam... We also had a side of kimchi since the origins of Japanese BBQ has its roots from the Korean BBQ- this side dish was ok, I like my kimchi spicier.

Verdict? Somewhat pricey for the small portions, I may come back if I am feeling indulgent! Will make sure to order more of that pork... the marinade on this was amazing.

2 comments:

  1. had this last week.. amazing.
    anything close to it in SG?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops! sorry for the late reply! i think a similar one in singapore would be gyu kaku pretty good cuts of meat and their salad is awesome!

    ReplyDelete