Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bonchon Chicken, Ion (Singapore)

Wow. I take a lot of spicy stuff but these things really got my tongue burning. I got a 6pc meal, half and half. So I got 3 pieces of soy garlic chicken (okay-ish, more salty), 3 pieces of spicy chicken (looks like its covered in hot sauce made for kids, but trust me, its not), fries and a drink.

The chicken was amazingly crispy. My first impression was that since they were covered in sauce, they'd be soggy, but hell no! Crispiest chicken, hands down! Fries were the same way and on top of that, they were sprinkled with herb-chili-salt flakes- magnificent stuff!

Verdict? At $10 a pop for the 6 piece set, these babies don't come cheap but its definitely worth the money and I'm coming back to try the rest of the menu (tofu salad looked awesome)! You can also get some Hite (Korean beer) here to put out the fire in your mouth. They also sell the chicken by the hundreds- fantastic for parties! YOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment